Guillermo López Cordero
Partner & Founder
Telephone: (502) 2339 1423
Born: Guatemala, 1945.
- Attorney at Law & Notary Public (1972), Universidad Rafael Landivar.
- Highest ranked student award (Rectorate Award) 1964, 1965 & 1966.
- Tenured Law Professor of Civil Law, Civil Procedural Law, Labor Law and Labor Procedural Law, Universidad Rafael Landívar & Universidad Francisco Marroquín (1972-1985).
- Tenured professor Individual Labor Law, Collective Labor Law & Procedural Labor Law, Univerdad Francisco Marroquín (2005 – present date)
- Guatemalan Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- Guatemalan Association of Industrial Property Attorneys
- American Chamber of Commerce – Guatemalan Chapter
Other activities and special mentions
- Member of the Guatemalan commission before the International Labour Organisation, Geneve, Switzerland (1984).
- Member of the commission designate to review and amend the Labour Code of the Republic of Guatemala (1979 y 1980).
- Labor Counsel for the major business and industrial associations of the country.
- Guest Speaker at multiple seminars and events concerning Labor Law Issues
- Contributing author to the book International Labor & Employment Law (Winning Legal Strategies, Aspatore C Legal Books)
- Selected as arbitrator for the resolution of controversies arising under the Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA-RD).